This year you can escape the cold South African winter with your family and friends and head north to set sail on an MSC Cruises’ cruise to explore new destinations and share memorable moments. With a tempting array of incredible destinations and inspiring itineraries, all while sailing in comfort on one of the Company’s modern and elegant ships, MSC Cruises offers guests unique onboard experiences, a tempting choice of dining options, award-winning* facilities and activities for families and children of all ages, as well as luxurious pampering and wellness.
For the Northern Hemisphere summer, MSC Cruises’ guests can choose from over 420 itineraries in some of the most popular and on-trend destinations. Highlights include:
The Company’s brand-new flagship, MSC Bellissima, along with five other MSC Cruises’ ships – MSC Seaview, MSC Divina, MSC Fantasia, MSC Poesia and MSC Preziosa – will be sailing in the Western Mediterranean.
MSC Cruises will provide guests with an unparalleled choice of 130 sailings in this stunning region, offering embarkation in many different ports. There is also a variety of cruise itineraries, ranging from three to 12 nights in length.
Guests booking MSC Seaview can explore seven different locations in seven nights across three countries. Destination highlights include the beautiful French town of Cannes, the bustling Spanish city Barcelona and Italy’s Civitavecchia for trips to historic Rome.
Another highlight is a 12-night cruise on board MSC Poesia, calling at Casablanca, Morocco and Tenerife in the Canary Islands.
In the Eastern Mediterranean, MSC Cruises is increasing its capacity to offer a choice of five ships and over 130 sailings. Cruises in the Eastern Mediterranean are really something special; guests will experience some of the most unique islands in the world, with glistening blue water and diverse landscapes that will leave a lasting impression.
Departing from iconic Venice, Italy – the perfect location to stay a night before or after a cruise – guests can select from the best options of week-long cruises offered by MSC Magnifica, MSC Musica, MSC Sinfonia, MSC Opera and MSC Lirica. These ships call at some of the most spectacular destinations, including the enchanting island of Santorini, Greece, and the historic ports of Split and Dubrovnik in Croatia, among others.
MSC Lirica is also deployed in the region, offering a range of itineraries. Firstly, there are brand new three- and four-night short cruises from Venice, with destinations including Bari, Italy; Koper, Slovenia; Naples, Italy; and Sarande, Albania. This is perfect for first-time cruisers or those looking for a short getaway. Also new this year are 12-night cruises, which include two days in Haifa, Israel to explore the famous mountainside gardens during the day, and experience local bars and restaurants (and even a touch of nightlife) in the evening. Guests can also discover the islands of Cyprus, Rhodes and Mykonos during this extended cruise.
Guests wishing to escape to Northern Europe can do so on one of four ships offering a number of breathtaking itineraries across the Fjords, Baltic capitals or even Greenland and Iceland.
MSC Cruises offer a range of cruises – from seven to 21 nights in length – to some amazing locations, each departing from either Kiel, Warnemunde or Hamburg:
- Seven-night cruises to the Norwegian Fjords and Baltic capitals aboard the ship for all seasons, MSC Meraviglia, and MSC Poesia. Longer 11-night cruises are also available on MSC Poesia.
- MSC Preziosa is offering a range of cruises to destinations that include Iceland, the Norwegian Fjords, Southampton for London and Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- Guests wishing to explore the region for longer can book onboard MSC Orchestra for a range of 10-, 11-, 12- and 21-night cruises from Hamburg, Germany. Guests on this longer cruise will also be treated to 11 destinations, including Qaqortoq in Greenland.
For something a little more tropical, guests can opt for a fly-and-cruise or cruise-only holiday to the Caribbean:
- Brand new for 2019, guests can embark in Miami, USA for seven- and 14-night cruises to western Caribbean destinations – including Havana, Cuba for two days – on board MSC Armonia. This itinerary is truly something special, with enough time to explore much of the intriguing island by day and by night.
- Sail aboard MSC Seaside, the ship that follows the sun around the Eastern or Western Caribbean, which stops off at some of the most-loved Caribbean destinations during a seven- or 14-night cruise. The ship has the largest amount of outdoor space of any MSC Cruises’ ship, and is a must for sun-lovers.
In September and October, MSC Splendida will be offering two unique Asia cruises for international guests, each departing from Yokohama, Japan:
- Leaving on 14September, this week-long cruise treats guests to five destinations across Japan and Korea. First stop is the vibrant and bustling city of Yokohama before moving on to Kanazawa, capital of Japan’s Ishikawa region. South Korea is the next stop for the beach-lined city of Busan and then finally Kagoshima, Japan, with the ship then returning to Yokohama.
- Departing on 18 October, this five-night cruise calls at Nagasaki, Japan and Busan, South Korea before guests disembark in Tianjin, China to wander the streets or head to the nearby capital, Beijing.