Core Gaming Systems has announced that the Nintendo Switch will be available for the RRP of R5,599. The home video game console, which not only connects to a TV at home, but also transforms into an on-the-go handheld, will launch as part of the global roll-out on Friday 3 March.
“Nintendo Switch offers a completely new gaming experience that South Africans will love – we are thrilled to introduce this unique gaming console locally at the same time as the rest of the world,” says Matthew Grose, General Manager for Core Gaming Systems.
In addition to participating in the official global launch, South Africans will also be able to attend the pre-launch event at Sandton City. Local Nintendo fans will have the opportunity to get a hands-on experience with Nintendo Switch at Sandton City Fountain Court from the 17th to 19th February. More information on the pre-launch event will be available on www.facebook.com/nintendodistributorsa as details are confirmed.
Pricing and availability:
- Nintendo Switch will be available from Friday 3 March for the Recommended Retail Price of R5,599 from www.takealot.com and www.btgames.co.za and soon thereafter leading retailers.
- The Nintendo Switch package will include the main console, Joy-Con (L) and Joy-Con (R) controllers, a Joy-Con grip (to which the Joy-Con are attached and used as one controller), a set of Joy-Con wrist straps, a Nintendo Switch dock (which holds the main console and connects it to a TV), a HDMI cable and an AC adapter.
- Nintendo Switch will be available in two colour options: a version with a set of grey Joy-Con and a version with one neon blue and one neon red Joy-Con.
- First-party Nintendo Switch games available from launch include:
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Recommended Retail Price of R999.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Limited Edition for the Recommended Retail Price of R1,399
- 1-2-Switch for the Recommended Retail Price of R699.
- Additional Nintendo Switch accessories available from launch include:
- Joy-Con (pair) for the Recommended Retail Price of R1,299
- Joy-Con (single) for the Recommended Retail Price of R899
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for the Recommended Retail Price of R1,199.
- Nintendo Switch amiibo characters available from launch include:
- Link Archer, Link Rider, Zelda Bokoblin and Zelda Fieldwork for the Recommended Retail Price of R249
- Guardian for the Recommended Retail Price of R299.
“Takealot is so excited about being a preferred partner to launch the Nintendo Switch online to South African shoppers,” said Julie-Anne Walsh, Chief Marketing Officer at Takealot. “We love how versatile this new console is and to celebrate the launch – we’re offering R300 off the recommended retail price to our first 50 customers who pre-order before the release day. This will give gamers the chance to snap up their Nintendo Switch at great value before anyone else.”
“Whether you want to play at home, on-the-go, single player or with friends – Nintendo Switch offers something for everyone. We encourage eager fans to attend our pre-launch event at Sandton City to see and experience the product prior launch,” concludes Grose.