When flying and exploring glamorous locations like London, we decided to explore Virgin Atlantic as a great flying option. Since this was the first time choosing the airline, we decided to take note and give you all the info on flying with the legendary service!
First off we have to spill by saying that Virgin Atlantic now have a double daily service, meaning that they have 2 flights every day from Johannesburg to London Heathrow, that’s around 376,000 seats a year! The additional daily flight will depart London Heathrow at 16:45 and land into Johannesburg at 05:40 local time. The service will be the first Heathrow flight to land each morning making it perfect for business travellers or those with onward connections to the rest of South Africa and greater Africa. The return flight will leave Johannesburg at 22:20 landing back into Heathrow at 07:30. The route has been timed to enable customers to easily connect onto flights with Virgin Atlantic and Delta to over 200 US destinations, including Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Now that you’ve got the little snippet of the exciting extra flights that they offer we can jump right into the glam of it all! Flying to London is always a treat, but we decided to take you along with us on the trip from start to finish, along with giving you some important points that you can use to book your next flight. We’d say you need to come prepared, but VA just makes it super easy with their options, so we’ll just say “show up” and get ready for luxurious travel from boarding to landing at your destination.
Virgin Atlantic announced the launch of three new ways to fly economy as part of a multi-million pound investment in the cabin for the 21st century traveller. Recognising that one size doesn’t fit all, Virgin Atlantic has introduced ‘economy delight, ‘economy classic’ and ‘economy light’ tickets. The three new ways to fly will allow customers to choose the product that suits their budget and travel style – but never compromise on inclusive food and drink, unrivalled service, and inflight entertainment. Investing in additional economy delight seats – At a time when most airlines are packing seats onto planes, Virgin Atlantic is investing in extra leg room. The airline is retrofitting its fleet to provide up to 36 economy delight seats on every flight – offering customers an even comfier journey with spacious 34 inch legroom.
3 economy options:
Virgin Atlantic has introduced its’ biggest change in over a decade – introducing three new ways to fly Economy:
- Economy delight is the leading economy product of any UK airline – 34 inch leg room, priority check in and boarding, seat allocation and maximum Flying Club points.
- Economy classic is the service that our customers already know and love – we’ve listened to their feedback and now it includes seat allocation which is great for families and couples.
- Economy light will always offer the lowest fares – price conscious passengers can travel with hand baggage only on the UK’s leading airline at the most affordable price.
Virgin Atlantic offers the UK’s leading economy cabin – they’ve investing over £300 million in putting the customer at the heart of everything they do:
- At a time when other airlines are packing seats on they’re adding extra leg room – offering up to 36 Economy Delight seats on each flight
- Investing in faster Wi-Fi connections through Gogo, offering USB power at every seat, and extending the range of IFE on board
- We’re taking being famous for food to new heights with a series of onboard partnerships – Eric Lanlard is the first to launch with a bespoke afternoon tea across all cabins
At Virgin Atlantic’s Clubhouses, they welcome Upper Class passengers and Flying Club Gold members. What’s even better is that you’re allowed to bring a guest to the Clubhouse just as long as they’re travelling on the same flight. Upon arriving at Heathrow’s Virgin Atlantic clubhouse, we were really excited at just how exclusive it was! With all the usual comforts of the lounge, the VA Clubhouse includes way more than you’d expect! A carefully curated menu in each clubhouse ensures that you’ll be fine dining whilst you wait. Beverages are also available while you take advantage of many other exclusive offers such as: a hair/nail salon, movie theatre, games room, spa and showers!
We love these features as there’s no need to rush to the airport anymore, Just arrive and get comfortable before your flight with any one of the amenities, it honestly makes life that much easier!