The much awaited Nokia 3310 is now available in the South Africa! The iconic and very nostalgic phone redesigned to modern day standards has come back and it’s going to be bigger than ever!
Shaun Durandt, General Manager, HMD Global, Southern Africa, said: “We are delighted to bring the Nokia 3310 phone to our consumers in South Africa. Nokia has been one of the most iconic and recognisable phone brands in our country for decades. HMD has received an incredible reception from our partners so far; it seems everyone shares our excitement for this next chapter. Our consumers are more discerning and demanding than ever before and for us they will always come first. We’ve worked really hard with our teams around the world to bring together world class manufacturers, operating systems and technology partners, enabling us to proudly start sales of the Nokia 3310, a classic reimagined.”
The Kasi Star Brands are product and service brands selected by South Africa’s vibrant and diverse township community based on the most loyally used brands. These brands define a common experience to which South Africa’s township consumers are committed to. “We are ecstatic and very grateful that Nokia Phones have been selected as the winner of the Mobile Phone Devices category. We will continue to develop devices that our consumers want and need,” commented Shaun Durandt, General Manager, HMD Global, Southern Africa.
- System: Dual band 900/1800 MHz
- Available in dual SIM variants (microSIM)
- Software platform: Nokia Series 30+
- Dimensions: 115.6 x 51.0 x 12.8mm
- Weight: 79.6 g (including battery)
- Display: 2.4’’ curved window colour QVGA (240*320)
- Connectivity: micro USB, 3.5mm AV connector
Bluetooth 3.0 with SLAM
- Camera: 2Mpxl camera with LED flash
- MicroSD card support up to 32GB*
- LED torchlight
- Standby time: up to 31.0 days**
- Talk time: up to 22.1 hours**
- MP3 playback up to 51.0 hours
- FM radio playback up to 39.0 hours
The Nokia 3310 will be available in South Africa from the 29th of May 2017 from Cell C. The Nokia 3310 will be available in Dark Blue, with a matte finish and will retail at estimated price of R749.00. The Nokia 3310 will come in three distinctive colours from MTN – Warm Red and Yellow, both with a gloss finish, and Dark Blue with a matte finish and will retail at estimated price of R699.00 and will be available from Mid-June from MTN partners.
- The device will also be available from the following online outlets from Mid-June 2017:https://shop.cellucity.co.za and https://technomobi.co.za